Vegan Chocolate Granola
story by Noelle Martin MScFN RD of Meals for Me and my Minis
Do your kids love granola? My boys have been asking for yogurt with granola as an afternoon snack recently and often at breakfast too. In an effort to save a little money and offer a more nutrient-dense granola, I decided to develop a recipe of my own. It was such a hit that I couldn’t resist sharing.
What You Need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins or chopped dates
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4. cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 scoop Sneakz Organic Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
How You Make It:
- Mix all ingredients together and then spread out on a baking stone.
- Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
I love that the addition of Sneakz protein powder, black beans, quinoa, and hemp hearts offers great sources of non-dairy protein to pair with dairy free yogurt and fruit for a balanced and high nutrient meal or snack.