Baked Sweet Potato Chocolate Chunk Pie
In honor of National Snacking Month, we've created a recipe that packs the protein + vegetable nutrition to keep you satisfied and energized longer!
Why are we baking with sweet potatoes you might ask?
Sweet potatoes are an amazing source of antioxidants that aid in protecting cells against disease due to their high Vitamin A and C content. They also act as a natural anti-inflammatory which has been known to lower the risk of obesity, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. The high levels of potassium rid the body of excess sodium which aids in regulating blood pressure.
If you're a fan of sweet potatoes this is the snack for you! This recipe is a double dose of sweet potato power both in Sneakz Organic Protein Powder and with roasted mashed sweet potatoes.
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 scoop of Sneakz Organic Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup roasted sweet potato puree
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup dark chocolate
1. Roast a medium-sized sweet potato in the oven until soft and mashable. Recommended for 45 minutes to an hour at 400 degrees. You can also use canned sweet potato puree.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line round baking dish with wax paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, Sneakz Organic Protein Powder, baking powder, and cinnamon.
4. In a small bowl on the side, mix together sweet potato puree, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and egg.
6. Fold wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
7. Option to mix chocolate chips into the dough.
8. Press dough into the round pan forming a disk.
9. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
We chose to add an extra chocolate drizzle over the top! We recommend melting the chocolate down in a dish over boiling water with coconut oil and chocolate chips. The coconut oil will allow the chocolate to eventually harden on top of the pie.