Neapolitan Protein Pancakes
Pancakes are a winner with most kids but don’t make for a balanced lunch by themselves. If you’re at all like me, you want to try to offer enough fuel in your kid’s lunchbox so that hunger isn’t getting in the way of their day. These Neapolitan Pancakes offer a dose of protein thanks to Sneakz Organic Vegan Protein Powder saving the day, and with just a little weekend prep, are a great grab and go lunch! Plus with the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavors kids simply can’t help but be excited!
One of the issues many parents struggle with is that kids have pretty short lunch periods, which means that fuel? Needs to be eaten quickly, and how do you balance that with something they want to eat? These mini Neapolitan pancakes on skewers are a great prep ahead style lunch. Make them on the weekend for the family, then throw them in the freezer for a fun lunch (or breakfast!) any day of the week! These pancakes are also dairy free, so are a great option for kids with milk allergies too.
What You Need:
For all the pancakes:
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- .5 teaspoon salt
- 1.25 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
For the Chocolate:
- 2 tablespoon Chocolate Sneakz Protein Powder
- .5 teaspoon cocoa (for color)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla Sneakz Protein Powder
- 2 extra teaspoons real vanilla extract
For the Strawberry:
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Sneakz
- 3-4 frozen strawberries
- 4-5 frozen raspberries (adds color)
- 1 extra tablespoon flour
How You Make Them
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until combined.
- Add coconut milk, honey, melted coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk together until combined plus a little more.
- Divide pancake mix into three bowls evenly.
- Add chocolate ingredients to one bowl of batter, and vanilla ingredients to a second bowl of batter. Mix well.
- Blitz strawberries and raspberries in a blender, and then blend into your third batter along with Strawberry Sneakz protein powder. Add an extra tablespoon of flour as this batter may be a bit more liquidy.
- Using a tablespoon to keep your pancakes about the same size, pour small circles of batter onto a pan set to low heat. Flip when the batter begins to bubble after a few seconds. Continue working your way through the batter.
- Eat and enjoy, or stash in the freezer for later! When reheating from frozen for lunchboxes I either toast them in the toaster oven for about 20-30 seconds, or microwave them for 10-15 seconds.
- Recipe makes 54 mini pancakes, 18 of each flavor.