Healthy Organic Mac and Cheese
Make organic mac and cheese using a creative customer recipe. I bet you can't spot the veggies.
Ingredients: (for 6-8 servings)
- 16 ounces of pasta (organic trottole)
- 2 tbsp butter, 2/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2, 8 oz cartons of @sneakz_organic vanilla milkshake drink (or 2 cups milk of choice)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste
- *Optional: 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup @babybrainorganics
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prep a baking dish with cooking spray, or prep mini cocottes for individual servings. Set aside.
Cook pasta until slightly under-cooked. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large pot melt butter. Then, add onion and cook over low heat for 2 min. Next, add flour and cook another minute or two until we'll-combined.Add in 16 ounces of Sneakz vanilla drink or 2 cups milk of choice (the vanilla flavor was undetectable in the finished dish) and 1 cup broth.
Also add in: fresh parsley, garlic salt and @babybrainorganics. Whisk until everything is again, well-combined.Increase heat to medium and cook for 4-5 min, until mixture starts to boil. Continue to whisk, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat, add cheese and mix until completely incorporated.Next, add cooked pasta. Stir until well-coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.Top with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs (if desired).
Cook 15-20 min. or until lightly browned on top.Remove from oven and serve immediately!