Give Your Child’s Lunchbox a Healthy Makeover
Studies show that kids who have better nutrition do better in school. However, it’s not always easy for parents to find a healthy beverage option that kids will actually drink. When going back to school, Sneakz milkshakes offers a healthy on-the-go drink by balancing the great taste kids love with the nutrients they need for learning and play.
Sneakz is available at fine retailers – including H-E-B, Sprouts and Albertsons (Find A Store).
They come in Tetra Pak cartons, which don’t need to be refrigerated until after they are opened, making them convenient for packing in school lunchboxes.
5 tips for kid-friendly lunchboxes:
- Always pack nutrient-rich foods from each of the five food groups – Milk & Milk Products, Vegetables, Fruits, Grains and Meat & Beans – to supply the protein, fat and carbohydrates needed to sustain energy and concentration.
- Let kids help select and prepare their meals. They may be more likely to eat them if they are involved in the process.
- Get creative with the presentation. For example, serve veggies and snacks with dip, cut sandwiches into fun shapes, make a mini kabob or draw a smiley face on a piece of fruit.
- Freeze a carton of Sneakz the night before, so it will be just the right temperature when it’s lunchtime.
- Give your child lots of variety, so he/she doesn’t get tired of eating the same thing every day and trade for less healthy options.