Simple Superfood Bars
These bars are made without exotic ingredients but rather the everyday essentials from the pantry with superfood status! These are an awesome on-the-go snack that will fuel your family for sports practice, in the afternoons until dinner, or as a hearty addition to any lunchbox!
What You Need:
- 1 cup pecans, raw
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup (1 scoop) Sneakz Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups oats, quick or old-fashioned
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit (recommend dried cranberries, blueberries, cherries, bananas, and/or apricots.
How To Make Them:
- Add pecans to food processor. Pulse until a fine pulp.
- Add melted coconut oil, honey, Sneakz protein powder, vanilla extract, and salt to pecans in the food processor. Turn food processor on until a large ball forms from mixture.
- Add oats, hemp hearts, and pumpkin seeds to food processor. Turn on until well-combined and mixture is evenly moistened.
- Lastly add mixture of dried fruits to food processor. Pulse until fruit is lightly chopped and evenly dispersed in mixture.
- Spread out large piece of parchment paper over a 7x11 baking dish. Transfer contents of food processor to pan lined with parchment paper. Firmly pack mixture into pan until evenly distributed. Place pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or long enough for coconut oil to harden. Slice bars to preferred size, making small cubes for smaller kids (and hands). Cover bars and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Enjoy!
Makes one, 7x11 pan.